Our staff assists you from initial evaluation to application (petition), to development of the strategic plan (Adjustment Proposal), to implementation and successful conclusion of funded projects as outlined in the plan.
Application / Petition
- At no cost to you, our experienced staff will determine if your company meets the criteria for grant funding eligibility (certification). We prepare and submit a petition to the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA) for you.
- Information provided for the petition is considered "business confidential" and is not released to anyone except EDA.
- EDA petition review process takes 30-70 days.
Strategic Plan / Adjustment Proposal (AP)
- Upon certification, our staff will work with you to develop a plan, or AP, for your company that will include: An analysis of the competition facing your company and industry; a review of your company's current status and strategy; and a plan for addressing domestic and import competition, including a description of the projects to be implemented using the federal grant funding.
- At this point, you will be asked to share 25% of the cost to develop an AP that will be submitted to EDA for approval. This cost will be $1,000 or less.
- EDA AP review process takes 10-30 days.
- Upon EDA approval of your company's AP, you would contact our staff in order to initiate implementation of projects.
- Projects must use third party consultants and funds should be spent within 5 years of AP approval date.
- Your company's share for each project will be between 25-50%, with the total federal share of all projects equaling $22,500-$75,000.
“The TAA process went very smoothly from start to finish and it was not in any way an administrative headache due to the continued assistance of the Northwest TAAC staff."
Alan Smyth, President
North Star Ice Equipment Co.