Our staff will work with you at no cost to determine if your company is eligible for Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms grant funding. All information will be treated as “business confidential.”
Application / Petition
- At no cost to you, our experienced staff will assess your company’s program eligibility.
- If eligible, we will prepare and submit your application to the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA). The application can be completed in as short as one week.
- Information provided for the petition is considered “business confidential” and is not released to anyone except EDA.
- EDA application review process takes 30-70 days.
Strategic Plan / Adjustment Proposal (AP)
- When your application is approved our staff will work with you to develop a plan, or AP, for your company that will include:
- An analysis of the competition facing your company and industry;
- a review of your company’s current status and strategy;
- and a plan for addressing domestic and import competition, including a
- description of the projects to be implemented using the federal grant funding.
- All projects will be chosen by the company.
- At this point, you will be asked to share 25% of the cost to develop an AP that will be submitted to EDA for approval. This cost will be $1,000 or less.
- EDA AP review process takes 10-30 days.
- Upon EDA approval of your company’s AP, we will contact you to start to implement your projects.
- Projects must use a third-party consultant or vendor to implement the project. You will select the consultant/vendor to implement your projects.
- Our office will handle all contracts between you and the consultant/vendor you select.
- All projects need to be complete within 5 years of approval.
- Your company’s share for each project will be between 25-50%, with the total federal share of all projects equaling $22,500-$75,000.
Do you Qualify?
Don’t rule yourself out! If you would like to begin the first step in the qualification process right now, please contact us directly. Our staff can quickly assess your eligibility.
Please contact us by email or telephone at 206-622-2730 or toll free at 800-667-8087 to get started.
NWTAAC will request the following information as a first step in assessing your company’s eligibility:
- Monthly net sales (total and domestic) for last 36 months
- Employee headcount by month for last 36 months
- If net sales and average employment show at least a 5% decline, NWTAAC can get started with your application.